Thursday, November 13, 2008

WHOSE IMAGE?

What a wonderful runway show we had last night. For Young Women in Excellence we did a what not/to wear fashion show to teach our families how we have learned to keep Christ in our countenance in our Spirits, Minds and Bodies. I apologize, I only got a few pictures because I was video taping it for the girls and should have given my camera to someone else, but was too late on that one. But it was awesome and so fun! The girls had a great time learning how to walk and turn like models and play to their audience. We enlightened our minds by learning all about the fashion side of life and the tricks/tips to understanding how to make the system work the best for you. We also learned about how to build a firm spirit with a foundation in Christ and a timeless wardrobe foundation of clothing. And of course we learned the value of our bodies and the sacred temple they are, and how to dress these "temples" to reflect our Christ-like lives. It was so great.
I was so excited all week -and it was worth all the anticipation. Next year we will be focusing on "Being an Example of Christ" - so if you have any great ideas for activities I am always open for suggestions! Thanks to all the amazing YW in the Skyline Ward! I love you tons!!!




3 comments:

Casey said...

You did it! Yea! It looks and sounds like a wonderful event for the girls. So happy for you! and I love your web page. It looks great!

Mama Mia said...

What a great activity! I am sure the girls will always remember this!

Kristin said...

That sounds like so much fun. We had our YW in excellence last Wed. too. I'm sure it went fine. I'm still recovering from having a baby, so I didn't go. But Carey had some great things planned, so I'm sure it was great! Way to go on yours!